"Fact Sheet on Arson Fires and Church Fires in the U.S.A."
Fire Safety News Source. National Fire Protection Association. (U.S.GPO:1996-722-299/83611),
Abstract: Provides facts on arson and church fires in the U.S.
Some facts include:
- Arson is America's #1 fire cause for property damage, causing more
than $2 billion of direct damages in a typical year.
- There are more than 500,000 reported fires per year that are estimated
to be arson
- Arson and associated losses have declined for most of the past two
- Churches and related properties are not a major part of the U.S. arson
problem (less than 1% of reported incendiary or suspicious structure fires).
However, arson is the leading cause of fire in churches (1 out of 4 reported
church property fires). The trend in church arsons is down.
- There is no typical church arsonist.
For more information, contact:
The NFPA Library at (617) 984-7445 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org