interFIRE Home interFIRE Home interFIRE VR Support Training Calendar Training Center Resource Center Message Board Insurance Info
 

Fernau, Karen. Halogen Lamp Users Learn the Hard Way That Fire Is a Danger With Use. The Daily Courier. January 24, 1996.

Abstract: This newspaper article reports a fire that occurred in Tempe Arizona in a college dorm and was caused by a halogen lamp. Four months later, two more fires occurred in the same town. In all three incidents, heat generated by halogen lamps caused nearby curtains to ignite. Halogen lamps can reach temperatures above 1,000 degrees F, which is four times hotter than a standard light bulb.

 
Home | interFIRE VR Support | Training Calendar | Training Center | Resource Center | Message Board | Insurance Info
Sponsorship Opportunities
Web Site Designed for 800 x 600 by Stonehouse Media Incorporated® Copyright © 2014 All Rights Reserved.